FIVE BENEFITS OF A RESTORATIVE PRACTICE
1. Improves your immune system and makes you less of a victim in the face of all those cold and flu viruses flying around.
2. These postures create optimal conditions for us to cultivate the skill of conscious relaxation and most importantly to release unnecessary habitual tension in the body and mind.
3. Discovering where and how we hold tension helps us find room for change, so that tension won’t limit our physical, emotional, and mental wellness and our comfort in our body.
4. The slower pace and deep breathing that you get in a restorative yoga class triggers the parasympathetic nervous system. The system that governs our state of relaxation. We reduce the stress-provoking flight-or-flight response that is the state of being for most of us all day.
5. Plus this practice draws attention inward and away from external events and situations of the world. With your awareness directed within, the practice becomes a sanctuary for the mind and spirit from which you can take a deeper look at who you are, what you want, and how you can serve the world.