As I walked along my journey of self discovery, I became inspired to share the tools I found effective in finding inner peace with others. In 2013, I completed my power vinyasa focused yoga teacher training with Alchemy of Yoga at hauteyoga Queen Anne with the incredible happiness seeker, Silvia Mordini. Quickly after becoming a certified yoga instructor, I started teaching for Yoga Behind Bars, UW Yogis and UW Mindfulness Project.
My love of movement is revealed in every class I teach. I incorporate pranayama, meditation and strength building into my vinyasa flow to challenge students physically and mentally. My intention is to share mindfulness techniques that connect students to the present moment while empowering them to live their truth.
Tools for Inner Peace Workshops
Do you experience that intoxicating feeling of peacefullness from yoga and want more practical tools that you can take off of your mat? Well, you're in luck because I'm offering tools for inner peace workshops in Oregon and Washington! Let's dive deeper into the study of Pranayama (breath work), Meditation, Yoga, Cognitive Behavorial Therapy, and Ayurveda (sister science to Yoga) in 2-4 hour sessions where you will leave will tangible tools that you can incorporate into your everyday life.
Workshops (8-12 participants)
Tools for Inner Peace:
In a loving environment, we'll discuss barriers to happiness (stress, anxiety, chronic pain, ect). Then we'll review three to five practical tools on how to live a more harmonious life followed by guided practice of each one. Worksheets with the various tools will be provided to jot down notes. Following the workshop, an email will be sent to participants with links to video tutorial of each tool.
Tools for Inner Peace include the following:
- Pranayama exercises for instances when you're feeling stressed, having trouble sleeping or experiencing anxiety.
- Yoga sessions (15-20 minutes) that you'll integrate into your morning or nightime routine. Morning Routines will encompass an invorgorating and fluid practice that provide an energetic jumpstart to your day. Sequences designed for evenings will be more restorative practice that includes 4 postures held for 5 minutes.
- Diet tips based on Ayurvedic princibles for each dosha.
- Various meditation techniques to challenge self deprecating thoughts, encourage connection to self, and most importantly, provide a sense of calmness in an otherwise chaotic world.
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy techniques that encompass the various tools listed above to counter negative self-talk, excessive worry or stress and unhealthy habits established years prior.
The Grinning Yogi - PDX
Tuesdays: My Happy Place @ 12pm (mild heat)
Wednesdays: Groove Flow @ 6pm (mild heat)
Saturdays: Groove Flow @ 4pm (mild heat)
Check The Grinning Yogis Live Schedule for additional classes I'm subsituting.
I also offer yoga and meditation classes in the workplace -- offering mindful yoga and meditation classes to offices throughout Portland. Classes are designed to be accessible to all levels of students, inviting everyone to participate. I actively encourage my students to take breaks whenever feels right for them during the practice, in turn, creating a safe space for everyone to relax.
Mediation and Yoga classes typically run for 45 minutes during the lunch hour or just after work. This allows employees to exercise self care at work, saving them the time and stress from commuting to another location.